Search
Affiliates
free forum

Poll

Why do you play this game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why do you play this game?

Post by FableCountry on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:48 pm

I know some of us come into this game with different goals in mind. It could be because you want to become stronger, protecting the weak who are starting on their virtual adventure. It could also be because your friends play, thinking it would be a good bonding activity with them. It could even be because you do it for the sake of doing.
Without hesitation, I can say I'm here because I want to be there for people as the one who can say, "I have an important voice in this world. Listen."
However, my dilemma lies in the fact that it is only a game. I feel there are alternatives to helping others besides video games, thus demonstrating my reason for pursuing my ultimate goal as a philosophically sound dentist.
Even if I were to reach my in-game goal as an important being in the game, what will that do? It is only a game. The goal I've made myself in this game feels cheapened when I think about it this way but the realistic mode of thinking will have to do, especially when this is not real.
Am I quitting? No, I cannot quit. I will not quit. Do not worry about that. It's more that I need to rethink my reasoning for playing. I'm in the process of producing a renewed goal so don't fret yourself over whether I will quit or not. It's not happening.

Now I ask all of you: Why do you play this game? I leave the interpretation of the question up to you.
But here are some helpful tips to achieve an answer in which you can say to yourself, "I was satisfied with that": If you do it because you're bored, why of all games did you pick this one? If it's fun, why is it fun? If it makes you happy, why does it make you happy?

All comments, criticisms and/or suggestions are considered and MUCH appreciated. Smile

P.S. What did you think of this? Good? Bad? So-so? Needs revision?

P.S.S. Post is subject to change at ANY time. You might be sleeping.
FableCountry

Male
Humor : Toilet
Registration date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do you play this game?

Post by Rum on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:26 pm

Hmmm... Why do I play...I really dont know...

In the beginning it was because of my friends (They all left)

Then it was to battle for justice against the BotHearts (PlanC disbanded)

After that I knda lost my way... Don't seem to fit into most guilds (But it's too boring to be guildless)

Hmm so why do i continue to play?

It's probably because Roy still plays and we have alot in common (even though he lives on the opposite side of the world Razz)

I know it's definitely not because I enjoy the long hours of grinding and gaining "x" %. All fun for just playing game and enjoying quests died with my "Roha Innocence" lol. Several months ago.

I guess all i am passionate about now is accomplishing something (whether it be winning the township battles or killing the lvl 99 Dhan on the Battle Field). These small accomplishments are what keep me interested in the game.

Hmmm... maybe it's because i am young and dont feel like i have accomplished much in life yet (Not an Honour roll Student... Parents didnt leave me a small fortune blah blah blah etc.) LOL cheers

Maybe it's because i'm starting university in a couple months and think i wont have much time for games so i try to get as much Game Time as i can now.

Anyways..

I probably wont quit either (I've tried no success Neutral )
Rum

Registration date : 2009-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reiynasarah on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:40 pm

y do i play??.....
ERM..i m juz want to play and meet new faces..
and want to b with karren forever <333
lol does it make senses? i m a hugzz machine XDD
and even tho,i m play coz i want to help ppl and i m glad ppl happy..
i juz want to see happiness lol
reiynasarah
You are an addict
You are an addict

Female
Registration date : 2009-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azalea on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:59 am

This is strange but I dont't know why i play. I was just bored and I must kill my time somehow. But now, i play for people, i mean for guild, I don't have friends in this game xD [I treated you as a family so i think this is much then friendship, you don't betray me like someone (yeah but someday i just pissed you off and then you kick me from guild....)].

I only want play in peace and silent lol, but yeah this is pvp\pk game, so if i wanted to gather flowers i chose wrong game =.= So this is normal be killed without reason, but is no fair when lvl 9x kill 30.... Life is unfair so why game should be?XD I just to much care about other players.... this shouldn't be my business.

So i will try to be here to the end, no matter what, to help, to comfort, to fun, just to write, just to be Razz
Azalea

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reiynasarah on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:02 am

Agasae wrote:This is strange but I dont't know why i play. I was just bored and I must kill my time somehow. But now, i play for people, i mean for guild, I don't have friends in this game xD [I treated you as a family so i think this is much then friendship, you don't betray me like someone (yeah but someday i just pissed you off and then you kick me from guild....)].

I only want play in peace and silent lol, but yeah this is pvp\pk game, so if i wanted to gather flowers i chose wrong game =.= So this is normal be killed without reason, but is no fair when lvl 9x kill 30.... Life is unfair so why game should be?XD I just to much care about other players.... this shouldn't be my business.

So i will try to be here to the end, no matter what, to help, to comfort, to fun, just to write, just to be Razz

that is nice agasae ^^ u r my family ^^ nah u dont pissed off so much hehe huggzzz so no one will b sad..and nice word =)
reiynasarah
You are an addict
You are an addict

Female
Registration date : 2009-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyPerry on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:50 pm

Hmmm... Why do I play...I really dont know...

In the beginning it was because of my old guild, i was still nweby joined Sparta with MarkusTheWecke LOL, i left he kosed me, i lvled to kill him

Then it was to battle for justice against the BotHearts (I lvled to help planC kill BH, even though i was still a lvl 7x wiz, i think i diden't do bad debuffing/stunning/sleeping ppl . but as Rum sayd: PlanC disbanded)

After that I knda lost my way... Don't seem to fit into most guilds (But it's too boring to be guildless)

Hmm so why do i continue to play?

It's probably because Rum still plays and we have alot in common (even though she lives on the opposite side of the world Razz)

I know it's definitely not because I enjoy the long hours of grinding and gaining "x" %. All fun for just playing game and enjoying quests died with my "Roha Innocence" lol. Several months ago.

As Rum knows, everytime I/we make a new character, for a few weeks we start lvling serious buisness again... but that's not gonna work so now I/we stick to just our char and thats it.

I guess all i am passionate about now is accomplishing something (whether it be winning the township battles or killing the lvl 99 Dhan on the Battle Field). These small accomplishments are what keep me interested in the game.

Hmmm... maybe it's because i am very young and can't keep my head on the studies yet . LOL cheers

Anyways..

I probably wont quit either (I've tried no success Neutral )

KatyPerry
Soldier
Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why do I play..............

Post by wulfheart on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:39 pm

Well lets see. At the beginning, I moved to this game with Astir because we were close so I started playing with her, which means shes the reason I started this game in the first place. After that, its more I liked this game, liked the people and yes, believe it or not, liked grinding...to an extent.

My first, real character was a healer named Margaret. At around lvl 48 I met AnnieJo on her dex knight and her, Astir(Before she was Astir), Sanchez, Chris(ShadowDemon), and an old friend of mine Swithinn, made new chars and planned to lvl together. Sanchez made SpeedySanchez, Annie made her famous AnnieJo, I made Appolymi, this is when Astir made Astir, Chris made some Dekan I dont remember the name of and Swithinn made a healer I dont remember the name of. Swithinn dropped out of the party around lvl 20, same with sanchez. Astir lvled up to 50 while chris, annie and I were about 25, so she was too far ahead. Chris dropped out around 30, and annie and I lvled till about 60 then we both stopped. At that time I was in Ordo Draconis...and well...Ordo Rules!

After Ordo merged into Vengeance, I took about a 2 or 3 month break from the game. I came back and made another healer, made it to about level 35 then quit and made this char, Aralis. It is currently 72, and I cant find a party anywhere if my life depended on it else it would be 80 by now. So why do I keep playing? If you havnt figured it out by now, I play for my friends....and because I enjoy the game. Will I take another break again? Likely, but not anytime soon. Will I ever quit fully? Probably, sometime in the late future, but that is quite a while away =D
wulfheart
Soldier
Soldier

Male
Registration date : 2009-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abella on Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:24 pm

hmmmm Well in all honesty, I really have no idea why I play this game.
I started way back when it first came out, moved from another game with a group of friends...most of them don't play now but idk...something keeps me here playing Rohan day after day, hour after hour lol...
Though some day's I think to myself...why the hell do i play this game Question , the exp sucks, the mindless questing bores me to death and my successes at refining Armors and Weapons are enough to make anyone cry Crying or Very sad .
But thing is, when I first started on Rohan, I made a few goals for myself....One of my goals for this game is to solo as many bosses as I can..I couldn't do it very well on my main char (Aurora), so I made my priest (Abella) and so far, Ive been able to solo a few bosses I couldn't do on my other char cheers. Yeah it might take me an hour to solo the r2 boss, but at the end, I can say I did it (IDK, it might sound silly to some ppl's but I really enjoy the feeling of knowing I did it on my own)
Another reason is, I wanna be there someday when a new guild comes along, a bigger better guild then BH, just to see wat would happen.
(hehe this may neva happen, but its a nice dream lol..)

ooooooo and yup, I have my own personal hit list ehehehe of ppl's who one day shall taste bitter sweet revenge lolol (and my own "hitman" is in the makings <3)

And I guess Its the people who Ive met along the way that keep me playing...most I will only eva know as online friends, but some I have a good connection with, and those ppl's have found their way into my heart (yeah ok I'm a big care bear lol but I cant help it, its who I am)
Yeah its definitely the people that keep me playing.....And now, Im in this great new guild, with new ppls to get to know....some of U I already know from other guilds....but as for the other's...lets hope we all can stay in this guild together and have as much fun as possible...
Because after all, it is just a game!
Abella
Soldier
Soldier

Female
Registration date : 2009-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FableCountry on Tue May 05, 2009 5:21 pm

Before I forget...
Thank you for the thoughtful feedback, everyone. Smile
FableCountry

Male
Humor : Toilet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lham on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:03 pm

lol I have 2 reasons why I play this game:

1st I startd cuz my sist told me ... and I wantd to spend some time with her .. even she was far ahead from me , well then she fuckd her acc and quitd and I keep playing cuz of my friends and I felt comfortable with em ... then I met someone but, I had to leave .. cuz I had to finish my career .. after 4 months
I came back for a good reason ( 2nd ) .. wich I cant tell sorry .. things didnt happen as I spectd ... but I had fun ... met many friends ... met ALOT of friends ... xD lol ... and its fun also cuz when I came back .. some old friends said Hi are u old Lham? ... O.0"hides" and it was cool ...
then I startd to like being a family in BC cuz besides other guilds ... Tic make the rulz and I love that ... cuz ppl follow it ... or they get kickd and its a good way to grow up as a guild ... so Im like a "rules" person .. who love to meet new ppl and take care of the ppl I already know ...
Still Im here for the 2nd reason ... =/
anyway I d k why I had to post this .. but I just wantd to see Aga's post Why Would He Play this game xD? ... and Yeh Aga u cannot gather flowers ... but u can collect plants xD ahahhahah Miss ya get back asap ;D
Btw thx BC for letting me be ur friend ... and sorry for the mistakes I made .. "Thanks alot BlackCats"
Lham
Soldier
Soldier

Male
Humor : gth! O.0
Registration date : 2009-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lucasoflight on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:21 pm

I gotta sa its a very good question and a hard one at that......1st i was playing this game called Battle Edge on Facebook till part 2 came out and it was simply shit. A friend of mine told me about this game and we started to play it together. We went both went to the WeRone guild where i was helped out a lot by Amos and others in the guild it was nice to actually have someone there watching ur back when ur still small and already have enough troubles with mobs. The guild was disbaned and each one of us went to a different guild ( and my friends stopped playing). It was Katy that told me about BlackCats and im really happy that he did to be honest cuz i finally found honest people here. People who care as far as the game goes which is nice to have even though its just a game.
All this hasnt answered the question cuz i dont really know why i play. I dont know i wanna be able to take down a full vit dekan someday or aga hehehe
Well i guess i play it so much cuz of all u guys. Katy Abella Aga Lham Fable Arqu and all the rest...
I also wanna be strong and high enough that people actually see me as someone that can help out, whether its vengence or boss hunting or TW...

lucasoflight
Soldier
Soldier

Male
Registration date : 2009-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WholeMilk on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:05 pm

I don't know why I still play. I have a 4m debt that I have to fulfill, almost all of my armor will have to be returned, and I'm forced to sell my recently-bought Dhan and his dagger, which was what got me into debt. Besides that, I have no rps, no crones, nothing but a single SES. Things haven't been going well for me. . . Mad

WholeMilk
Soldier
Soldier

Registration date : 2009-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reiynasarah on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:06 pm

omg u got so much debt XD
reiynasarah
You are an addict
You are an addict